Are you one of those people who cannot function without their favourite pair of black leggings?A pair of black leggings is a staple in any woman’s wardrobe as these leggings can be paired up with anything and everything. They can be worn with tops, dresses as well as with sweaters which makes them a very versatile piece in any wardrobe.
Investing in a good pair of black leggings can give you more options in terms of outfits to wear as these leggings can be combined with anything and look good with all colours. There are so many options available in the market in terms of black leggings that it can be confusing to choose one pair.
Here is the list of ten best black leggings available in the market that are preferred for their 10 Best Black Leggings 2023 (Excellent Outfit For Your Lifestyle):
Editor Pick Best Black Leggings
Table could not be displayed.
Hanes Women’s Stretch Jersey Legging
Comfortable and soft, the Hanes Jersey leggings for women is available in two colours but the black variant is more popular. It is made up of a blend of cotton, polyester, and spandex which gives it the flexibility and stretch that is needed. The fabric is a bit thicker as compared to other black leggings so it is not see-through. The soft elastic waistband and the length of the leggings are perfect for all types of outfits and workouts. The inseam length is about 29” and the leggings are available in five sizes ranging from small to XXL. The price of these leggings is very affordable and these are one of the cheapest black leggings you can find in the market with such good quality.PROS:
- The fabric used in these leggings is very soft and does not show skin.
- The length of the leggings is suitable for all heights and the design is well fitted.
- These leggings are very affordable and are great in terms of quality.
- You can wash these leggings in the machine easily and they do not get fuzzy after as few washes.
- The leggings start to fade after a few months of usage.
- The size of the leggings runs a little small so it is better to order a larger size.
What we like about it:These leggings are so comfortable and affordable that they are a must in any wardrobe. They fit well and have the right length that sits on the ankles. The soft elastic waistband does not cut into the skin.
Ewedoos Women’s Leggings
Specially designed for light physical workouts, the Ewedoos leggings are made up of a breathable fabric that offers slight compression. The leggings are available in six colour options and six sizes as well. The material is soft and dries quickly so it is suitable for yoga as well as other physical workouts that lead to sweating. One unique feature of these leggings is that they come with pockets on both sides which can be used to carry your money and phone. The high waistband that offers tummy control makes you appear fitter and thinner. Gusseted crotch makes it comfortable for the wearer to wear the leggings for long hours. The price of the leggings is moderate considering its design and quality.PROS:
- The compression fabric of these leggings dries quickly and is quite breathable.
- The leggings are available in an exhaustive size range to suit all body sizes.
- They run true to size and come with two pockets to carry phone and money.
- The elastic waistband keeps the tummy in shape and makes the body appear thinner in the midsection.
- The price of these leggings is a bit higher than some other leggings covered on this list.
- They are made up of polyester and spandex so are not suitable for people who prefer cotton leggings.
What we like about it:The quality of these leggings is very good and they can survive many washes before the colour begins to fade. The pockets and the compression effect are what make these leggings a good option for fitness enthusiasts.
90 Degree By Reflex High Waist Power Flex Tummy Control Leggings
Available in ankle length as well as regular length, these tummy control leggings are suitable for lounging in as well as for working out. There are many colour variants available in these leggings and you can choose between six sizes. The high and wide waistband of these leggings gives full tummy control and does not feel rough against the skin. The interlocked seams reduce chaffing and the gusseted crotch maximizes free movement. The leggings run true to size and are opaque because of the thick material. The price of these leggings is high but they last for a couple of years easily without fading or tearing.PROS:
- The leggings offer full tummy control and are good for intense workouts also.
- There are many colours and sizes to choose from in two different length options.
- The material is thick and warm so it does not make the skin show even after stretching.
- The seams of the leggings are interlocked and stitched flat to avoid chaffing and skin irritation.
- The leggings can make you sweat as the material is very thick and not suitable for very hot climates.
- The price of these leggings is higher than other leggings.
What we like about it:These leggings are good for all occasions and work well for yoga and running as they can stretch well and are not see-through. The price is a bit high but the quality and fabric of these leggings make them worth the price.
Everbellus Faux Leather High Waisted Leggings
if you are looking for a pair of leggings for a sexy date or for clubbing, these faux leather high-waisted leggings are a good option to consider. They are made up of a wrinkle-resistant and stretchy fabric that is very comfortable yet stylish. The leggings can be worn with a nice crop top or a dress also. The material is a blend of polyester and spandex along with PU. The faux leather does have a peculiar odour but you can get rid of the odour by hanging the pants out to dry in natural air. They fit well and the sizes are true to the actual size chart. The price of these leggings is high but they are available at a great discount online.PROS:
- These faux leather leggings are very stylish and are suitable for dates and clubbing.
- The material is very comfortable and stretches comfortably without any wrinkles.
- The leggings run true to size and give the body a shapely appearance.
- They are available at a great discount online and are completely worth the price.
- The leggings can be a bit uncomfortable and hot for warm seasons.
- The original price of the leggings is higher than most variants on this list.
What we like about it:These leggings look very stylish and trendy as compared to regular leggings and are great for creating a chic and elegant outfit for clubbing or outing with friends. The price is a bit high but the comfortable design makes them worth every penny.
HUE Women’s Essential Denim Leggings
Made with 81% cotton along with polyester and spandex, the Hue essential leggings are designed for long wear and are very comfortable for work and day trips. The leggings have a denim-like appearance and feel so they look like jeans but offer the comfort of leggings. They are available in 18 colour variants and come with a pull-on closure for added comfort. The leggings have faux pockets in the front and functional back pockets. The elastic tummy band is good in terms of quality and does not lose elasticity even after multiple washes. The price of these denim leggings is a bit high but they last for years as the fabric quality is excellent.PROS:
- The leggings look like denim but are very comfortable like a pair of leggings.
- They are made up of 81% cotton that absorbs moisture easily and dries quickly.
- The back pockets can be used to carry phone as well as money and the faux front pockets make the leggings look like denims.
- The leggings are available in many colour variants and sizes.
- The material is a bit thick so it can feel warm in summer months.
- The sizes run a bit smaller so it is better to check the size chart carefully before buying these leggings.
What we like about it:Denim-like leggings of good quality are hard to find but these leggings are very comfortable and do not lose their shape even after many washes. The price is a bit high but the quality of the fabric makes them worth the price.
THE GYM PEOPLE Thick High Waist Leggings
If you want a pair of leggings that is thick and stretchable, these leggings from THE GYM PEOPLE is a suitable choice as it is made up of 87% nylon and 13% spandex. It feels like cotton in terms of texture and comes with excellent moisture-absorbing properties. The leggings come with a wide and high waistband which offers full tummy control. Two side pockets, one hidden pocket and gusseted crotch are some of the other features of these leggings. They are suitable for yoga, running, and lounging also and do not drop or roll up even after an intensive exercise session. The leggings are available in 23 colour variants but the black variant is the most popular. The price of these leggings is moderate.PROS:
- The material of the leggings is thick and comfortable for the skin.
- The leggings come with two side pockets and one hidden pocket to keep phone and money.
- The 4-way stretch fabric works best for yoga and light physical exercises.
- There are multiple colour options to choose from and the leggings run true to size.
- The stitching of the leggings is not done very sturdily so it can come undone if not handled carefully.
- The price of the leggings is a bit high considering all the other variants.
What we like about it:Leggings that offer full tummy control are good for giving your body a slender and fitter appearance. These leggings are not only very comfortable but also feel like cotton.
Daily Ritual Women’s High Waist Stretch Legging
A pair of leggings from Amazon’s own brand, the Daily Rituals stretch leggings are basic and comfortable for everyday use. They are available in six colour variants and are made up of 88% cotton and 12% spandex. These are ankle-length leggings and come with a wide waistband. They are quite comfortable and can be paired up with anything to complete the outfit. The fabric of the leggings is thick and warm but it absorbs moisture effectively and does not become translucent when stretched. They do not come with pockets. The price of the leggings is similar to most other variants covered on this list.PROS:
- The leggings are good for building your essentials wardrobe as they are basic and comfortable.
- The fabric is soft on the skin and does not cause irritation or itching.
- The price of the leggings is reasonable as compared to their quality.
- The high waistband fits snugly on the waist and does not roll easily.
- The leggings do not come with pockets to keep phone and cash.
- It is difficult to find the right size in these leggings as they run large and are not designed for curvy or petite women.
What we like about it:These basic leggings are a must in any woman’s wardrobe as they look good and feel very comfortable even after long hours of wear. The fabric is not see-through and absorbs moisture quickly.
No Nonsense Women’s Cotton Legging
Available in three basic colours and one animal print variant, the No Nonsense cotton leggings is an affordable option to consider if you are looking for black cotton leggings for women. These leggings have a slim fit design and are made up of 57% cotton, 38% polyester, and 5% spandex. They can be washed in the machine and are easy to clean. The moisture-wicking ability of the fabric is good and it does not stick to the skin even in humid weather. These leggings are not for workout purposes and are suitable for daily wear for office or at home. They are not see-through but do run large so it is better to order a size smaller by referring to the size chart. The price of these leggings is affordable as compared to other variants.PROS:
- They are designed for daily use and are very comfortable and soft on the skin.
- They give a slim fit and are of ankle length that suits all heights.
- The price of the leggings is affordable and the quality is good.
- They are available in animal prints also apart from few basic colours.
- There are no pockets in the leggings to keep phone and money.
- The size runs large and it can be a bit difficult to choose the size online.
What we like about it:These leggings are very basic and are good for people who wear leggings with tops or sweater daily for work. They look good with boots and are very comfortable because of the cotton fabric.
Danskin Women’s Signature Wide Waist Ankle Legging
If you can stretch your budget a bit, these signature leggings from Danskin are not only very comfortable but also offer compression on the waist and the thighs. The leggings are made up of 86% nylon and 14% spandex that gives flexibility to the garment and enhances your curves. They are available in 26 colours including a few basic variants for work. The fabric of the leggings is soft and the wide elastic waistband fits on the curves snugly without rolling down on the waist. The price of the leggings is a bit high but you can get them at a significant discount online.PROS:
- The compression fabric gives the body a slim look and the spandex accentuates the curves.
- The leggings come with a wide elastic waistband for a better fit and added comfort.
- There are multiple colours to choose from and the sizes run true to the size chart.
- The material absorbs moisture well and dries quickly to ensure maximum wearability.
- The price of the leggings is high because of the compression fabric and quality.
- The length is a bit short for tall people as it runs till the ankle for average-heighted women.
What we like about it:These leggings pass the squat test and are stretchy but not see-through. The sizes fit most body shapes well and have a good fit. The compression fabric makes the body look slimmer too.
Natural Feelings High Waisted Leggings
Super-soft and stretchy, these high waist leggings are designed for work as well as fun and can be worn on all occasions. They pair up well with long tops and sweaters and end at the ankle. They are made up of 90% polyester and 10% spandex and are opaque. They offer full tummy control and are available in 17 variants to choose from. One unique feature of these leggings is that they are available in plus size also ranging from XL to XXXL for women of all sizes. This makes them one of the very few leggings suitable for large sizes. The price of the leggings is affordable and they are one of the cheapest black leggings available in the market.PROS:
- The polyester and spandex blend makes the leggings lightweight yet comfortable for daily use.
- They are available in plus sizes as well in addition to regular sizes.
- The price is affordable and the quality is very good.
- The fabric is opaque and stretches well so it is suitable for workouts also.
- The seams of the leggings can rip if the right size is not chosen.
- These leggings are not very suitable for intense workouts.
What we like about it:Very few leggings are made for plus size women and these leggings from Natural Feelings work well for bigger as well as regular sizes. They are buttery soft from the inside and fit well on the contours of the body because of the stretchy fabric.
After covering the ten best black leggings for women in such extensive detail, it is time to dwell into the major factors that can help you find the right pair of leggings for your daily use. There are so many different types of leggings available in the market that it can be difficult to select the pair that works for you in terms of fabric and functionality. Black leggings, in particular, need you to out a lot of thought as they are part of your daily wardrobe and can affect your outfit of choice if the wrong leggings are chosen. Here are a few factors that can help you decide which leggings you want to purchase:
The fabric of the leggings plays an important role as everyone prefers different fabrics. Some of the most popular leggings are made up of a blend of cotton and polyester along with spandex. Some others are made up of just polyester and spandex. The fabric has to be comfortable from the inside and soft on the skin to ensure a comfortable wear. Go for cotton and spandex leggings for a comfortable wear and polyester blend if you are looking for a stretchy fabric for workouts.
You can go for ankle length or full length leggings depending on the kind of occasion you are wearing the leggings for. Full length leggings are more apt for work wear while ankle length leggings or capris are good for yoga and other physical exercise sessions. Capri leggings are especially suitable for hiking or gym also as they are very comfortable and breathable.
Some leggings can be see-through and can show skin if the material is not of a good quality. Cotton leggings or blended ones are normally thick enough to be opaque but they should pass the squat test. This test helps you get an idea of the opacity of the fabric so that the leggings do not show skin when you stretch or bend.
Other important features that you should consider while buying a pair of black leggings include pockets and waistband. Leggings with side pockets are preferred as they can be used to keep the phone and money while you work out or run errands. Some models also include a hidden pocket in the waistband. The waistband should be wide enough and made up of soft elastic that does not cut into the skin. Waistbands that offer full tummy control are good for fitness enthusiasts and people who are looking for a pair of leggings that make them look slimmer.
It is a bit difficult to choose the right size when it comes to leggings as they are supposed to be figure hugging and can look baggy if the wrong size is chosen. Some models are also available in plus sizes also you can go for them if you are looking for sizes above XL. It is advisable to check the size chart and read the customer reviews thoroughly to see if the leggings run true to size.
You can get a good pair of black leggings for women is around $15 to $20 depending on the fabric and the design. Cotton leggings are a bit expensive as compared to polyester leggings and workout leggings are even pricier. It is better to go for a pair of leggings of good quality as cheaper fabric can get ripped after just a few uses.
- Customer Reviews:
It is very important to read the customer reviews of the leggings you are planning to buy as these reviews can tell you much more about the product than its official description. You can also get an idea of the fabric and the stitching from these reviews and make up your mind easily.
Here are a few simple tips that can help you get more use out of your basic black leggings:
- Wash a pair of leggings before the first use to remove any smell of chemicals that might have leached into the fabric.
- Always go for leggings with interlocked seams as they reduce chaffing and are more comfortable to wear as compared to other leggings.
- Leggings with pockets are more functional as compared to leggings without side pockets as you cannot carry your phone and money without pockets and have to carry them in hand.
- Cotton leggings tend to absorb sweat much more effectively and are softer on the skin as compared to polyester leggings which are much more suited for workouts.
- Do not wash your leggings in very hot water as this can damage the fabric and can cause the leggings to lose their shape.
- Wide waistbands that offer tummy control are good for women who are more conscious about their body and want to look slimmer in the midsection.
- Check the elastic of the waistband carefully to see if it is soft on the skin and does not lose its shape when stretched.
- Dry the leggings after each use in natural air so that the sweat dries naturally and the leggings do not smell peculiar the next time you wear them.
- Reduce chaffing by choosing a size that is the closest to your actual size as small leggings can rub against the skin and cause rashes.
- Workout leggings should be made up of compression material which helps to improve the effectiveness of the workout but make sure that the fabric is breathable and soft.
- Avoid wearing leggings with very short tops or crop tops as the waistband is designed to conceal the tummy and the excess fat might get lifted up and look unappealing in person.
- Choose the leggings that are made up of 4-way stretch fabric as they give a better fit and accentuate the curves of the body to make the body look fitter and leaner.
- New leggings might feel a little tight at first but they take the shape of the body after a few uses and also loosen up a little after 2-3 washes. Using a fabric softener helps to soften the new fabric a little also.
- Black leggings look good with pastel colours so you can pair them up with pastel tunics or long shirts to create a casual summer look for brunches and dates.
- Working out in leggings that are bigger than your actual size may result in injuries as the baggy fabric can make you trip or fall so choose a size that works for your body shape after referring to the size chart.
So these are the most popular black leggings for women available in the market which are preferred for their comfort and quality. These leggings are suitable for lounging at home or running errands in addition to going for workouts. You can pair them up with a knitted sweater for a cozy look or a formal top for a formal look. Refer this buyer guide when buying a pair of leggings to get a better product for your money. Prefer quality over price when it comes to leggings as these leggings will play a basic role in your daily outfits.
Do you own a pair of black leggings? Which is your favourite brand when it comes to black leggings?